Occupational Health Requirements | 91做厙 University College


91做厙 Logo

Occupational Health Requirements

Students in Radiology suite

Currently Under Review

Our institution is currently conducting a thorough review of our Occupational Health Requirements and the procedures for documenting and verifying them. This review aims to enhance the efficiency and effectiveness of our processes to better serve our students.

In the near future, we will update the page with further details regarding this process. In the meantime, should you have any inquiries, we encourage you to reach out to our Admissions team. Alternatively, you may refer to our FAQs below for immediate information.

Please note: Applicants are responsible for covering any cost that may be associated with an entry requirement for their chosen course

Still have questions about applying?


Which Undergraduate courses require an Occupational Health check?

BSc (Hons) Radiography (Diagnostic Imaging)

BSc (Hons) Radiography (Radiotherapy and Oncology)

Master in Chiropractic – MChiro (Hons)

Which Postgraduate courses require Occupational Health Check?

MSc Physiotherapy (Pre-Reg)

MSc Occupational Therapy (Pre-Reg)

MSc Speech and Language Therapy (Pre-Reg)

MSc Dietetics (Pre-Reg)

MSc Podiatry (Pre-Reg)

MSc Chiropractic (Graduate Entry) (Pre-Reg)

Do Chiropractic students require vaccinations?

Whilst vaccination is not a mandatory requirement to study chiropractic, please note that students who are not vaccinated, or who cannot demonstrate immunity against the diseases listed above, may not be able to participate in the full range of placements available.

If you are not vaccinated and cannot demonstrate immunity placement opportunities may be restricted to ensure the safety of yourself and your patients. Decisions will be made on an individual risk-assessed basis.

How much will an occupational health check cost?

Your Occupational Health check costs vary depending on the number of additional vaccines you need and how much your doctor charges for completing the form.

My GP/Doctor has not responded to my request

We would advise reaching out to your GP Practice/Doctor as soon as possible, so that there is no delay. Call or email them to remind them of the importance and urgency of this process. Delays will have an impact on your ability to commence placement.

I'm from outside the UK & I do not have an NHS number?

If you’re from outside the UK, you can use ask your GP (general practitioner), family doctor, or physician to complete the Occupational Health form (so long as they have access to your health records).

If you do not have an NHS number, please enter ‘overseas’ in the relevant field/area on the form.

Please note: International students are required to cover the cost of all vaccination processes.

Which Hep B vaccination do I need?

Please be aware that immunisation for the purposes of travel available in pharmacies and similar providers is not the same as immunisation for occupational health reasons and will not count towards your eligibility to practice. Always seek advice from your GP or equivalent healthcare service. The Hep 3 step vaccination is required, not the 2 step travel vaccination.

I have had the HepB travel (2 injection vaccine) do I need to re-start and have the required 3 x HepB OH vaccine?

This would depend upon the time scale of the 2 vaccines (which would determine when the 3rd would be given) The typical time scale would be 2 years so if you have received 2 vaccines within 2 years, a local Healthcare provider may administer the 3rdvaccine and then a blood test to check immunity 6-8 weeks following this.

What meningitis vaccine is required?

The standard vaccines for meningitis are the ACYW.

For more information on MenACWY vaccine, please visit.

I had chickenpox as a child can I add this to the form?

You will need confirmation from your GP Practice or equivalent if overseas that you have had chickenpox.

Is a varicella (chickenpox) home blood test? kit acceptable as a proof of chickenpox?

A home blood test kit will not be acceptable as we would require a sample from a certified services such as a GP practice, this is inline with green book guidance (Dept of Health).

I had chickenpox when I was a child, if my doctor confirms this, is this enough as it will only be verbal confirmation from my parents of chickenpox, or do I need a blood test to check my immunity?

If your GP confirms then this is sufficient, otherwise you will need a blood test.

I am an overseas student do I need a tuberculosis (TB) test?

UKVI require some overseas students to undertake a TB test as part of their visa application.

However, not all countries are requested to do this. Occupational Health will require students fromto undertake a blood test when they enrol, the student is liable for the cost of this blood test.

I have had the BCG/TB vaccine many years ago but do not have a record of this, but I have a scar/mark on my arm . Can this be a proof?

We cannot accept a photo of your arm, but we can check your BCG scar at an appointment in Bournemouth with a Healthcare provider and that will serve as your evidence.

Any further questions?

If you’re unsure as to what is required, or you are struggling to attain the vaccinations necessary, please contact Admissions.


Latest News

Discover and read all the latest news, press releases and happenings here at 91做厙 University College.


Callum Moss

Callum Moss is a First Year student on the MSc Physiotherapy (pre-registration) course at 91做厙 University College. We recently caught up with him to hear more about his decision to study to become a physiotherapist and why 91做厙 UC is an appealing specialist university.

Aurora Paris With Rugby Team

We hear about Auroras work experience within Rugby and why she enjoys studying within the close-knit community at 91做厙 University College.

91做厙 Logo White
© 2024 91做厙 University College -